NC Farm Bureau L.E.A.D. is a leadership development program sponsored by the North Carolina Farm Bureau. Its purpose is to develop, foster, and enhance the skills of individuals and couples (between the ages of 36 and 52) actively engaged in production Agriculture.
NCFB L.E.A.D. is a two-year course consisting of numerous hours of classroom instruction, farm and agri-business tours, activities, and open discussion designed to broaden the knowledge and leadership capabilities of the participants.
Farm Bureau has made a significant commitment both financially and through staff time to make this a worthwhile program. In order for each participant to realize the full benefit of the program he/she must be willing to make a serious commitment.
- Attendance: The L.E.A.D. Program consists of a minimum of eight classes. You are expected to attend all classes except in the case of extreme emergency or unforeseen circumstances. In order for you to graduate and receive a partial refund of your enrollment fee, you must attend at least 75% of all classes offered.
- Projects: Participants may be required to complete certain projects or homework assignments as determined by the Farm Bureau L.E.A.D. co-coordinator.
- Professionalism: You are representing Farm Bureau during your entire course, both in and out of class. We want you to have a good time, an educational experience, and build life long relationships. We expect you to act in a professional manner at all times because the impression you make on other people will influence the impression they have of Farm Bureau.
- Dress Code: Dress will be business casual unless otherwise specified by the L.E.A.D. coordinator. No jeans!!
The L.E.A.D. Program will nurture progressively thinking agricultural leaders to:
- Better articulate their views in a respectful and professional manner;
- Project a positive image for Farm Bureau and agriculture through knowledge, wisdom, and integrity to unselfishly serve our communities; and
- Inspire others by being humble in their approach, but bold in their actions.